Proper care will prolong the life of your rug. Follow these rug cleaning guidelines to enjoy a beautiful, comfortable rug for years to come.
Vacuum a Rug with Care
Using the right vacuum settings will prevent damage to your rug. To clean most effectively with the least wear:
- Do not vacuum fringes. These knots hold the rug together and may cause fraying if damaged.
- Set the beater bar to the highest setting. This will keep the brush from pulling at the surface fibers of your rug, which can cause faster wear and fading.
Rich color is part of a rug's beauty; protect it with regular rotation. This will create even wear that is less noticeable and minimize color changes due to sun exposure.
Use a Rug Pad
Using a quality rug pad under your rug will:
- prolong the look of your rug.
- create additional cushion.
- provide a sound barrier.
- make vacuuming easier.
- protect the floor from damage caused by the rug's backing.