With this Thames & Kosmos Nanotechnology Experiment Kit, the intangible, nanoscopic world becomes accessible with hands-on experiments using both scaled-up models and real nanomaterials.
- Conduct experiments concerning size, scale & orders of magnitude in the International System of Units, to get a feel for just how small a nanometer really is
- Explore how charcoal is like a nanoscale sponge with filtering experiments
- Conduct experiments with the hydrophilic (water-loving) & hydrophobic (water-hating) properties of different surfaces, which illustrate nanoscale properties
- Stir up some mixtures & suspensions, & then examine exotic mixtures to learn about the nanoscopic particles suspended in them
- Shine a laser through a colloidal gold — a suspension of nanoscale particles of gold
- Learn about the electromagnetic spectrum, laser light, electron microscopy & atomic force microscopy to begin to grasp how we can make nanomaterials visible
- Experiment with a special material that mimics the nanostructures on a gecko’s footpads that allow it to climb straight up a vertical pane of glass with ease
- Age: 15 years & up
- Requires 3 button cell LR41 SR41 1.5V batteries (not included)
- Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
- For warranty information please click here
- Model number: 631727
Promotional offers available online at Kohls.com may vary from those offered in Kohl's stores.
Due to its contents, this product cannot be shipped via our Priority Service or sent to Alaska, Hawaii, P.O. boxes, and/or APO/FPO military addresses.