Effective Date: August 12, 2016
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Kohl’s collects information from you and about you. This may include:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post. For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our site. This may include our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Event Information. For example, we may collect the mailing address associated with your event registry.
- Information You Submit. For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site.
- Demographic Information. For example, we may collect your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver’s License Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect your driver’s license information. For example, we may collect this information if you return an item without a receipt.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include your in-store location. For more information about your choices related to location information, see the Choices section below.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Kohl’s collects information in different ways.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Make a purchase in our Stores or on our Platform.
- Make a return or exchange.
- Purchase an electronic gift card.
- Create a personalized Kohls.com shopping account.
- Track an order online.
- Sign up to receive promotional emails or text messages (including offers and sales alerts).
- Sign up to join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club.
- Provide your contact information to our beauty associates.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys or focus groups.
- Create or update a gift registry.
- Use the Ratings & Reviews or related services and features.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Sign up for, and/or maintain, a Kohl’s Charge card.
- Interact with Kohl’s social media pages.
Passively. For example, when you:
- Install and use Kohl’s mobile apps.
- Visit and navigate Kohl’s Platforms on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platforms.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Use the Wi-Fi Services provided in some Stores.
- Visit Stores; Kohl’s uses cameras in and around its Stores for security and operational purposes.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect in our stores with information we collect through our Platforms.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platforms.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or return transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platforms and stores better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your customer feedback.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Platforms.
- To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within the Kohl’s family of companies. This includes our affiliates.
- On our Platforms. For example, we may display information you post on our Ratings & Reviews feature. We may also display information you choose to share on your event registry.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide financial products and services related to our business, including Kohl’s Charge credit card. It may also include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if Kohl’s merges with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- Use the unsubscribe link on any Kohl’s promotional emails.
- Use this link to unsubscribe from all future promotional emails: https://www.kohls.com/homepage/sale_alert_unsub.jsp.
Text Messages & Mobile Coupons:
- Follow the opt-out instructions provided in our text message or mobile coupon.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into Kohl’s collection and use of location-based information through our mobile application, you may opt-out by adjusting the Settings on your mobile device.
- You may opt-out of all location-based information collection by uninstalling the Kohl’s mobile application and refraining from using Kohl’s Wi-Fi Services available in Stores.
- To be removed from our global marketing mailing lists send send your request, including your full name and mailing address, to:
Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc.
PO Box 3120
Milwaukee, WI 53201
- Call Customer Service at (866) 887-8884
Cookies & Similar Technologies:
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Kohl’s Platforms. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us to update your information, please feel free to contact us by telephone at 866-887-8884. You may also write to us at the following address:
Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc.
P.O. Box 3043
Milwaukee, WI 53201
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platforms. Please check our Platforms periodically for updates.