Tailgating is a way of life for sports fans across the country. It’s an opportunity to honor (and establish!) those quirky team traditions, indulge in delicious game-day foods, and celebrate the camaraderie spurred by a beloved team.
Get ready—it’s game time.
Favorites from Kohl’s Associates
- ½–¾ cups beer (not dark)
- 2 cups shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch dip
- 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
Combine all ingredients except beer in a sauce pan and melt together. Slowly stir in beer until mixture reaches desired consistency. Garnish with green onions and/or cheddar cheese if you wish. Serve warm with soft or regular pretzels, vegetables, pita slices or pita chips.
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 12-oz cans of chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup ranch dressing (liquid dressing, not dry mix)
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (not Tabasco!)
- Tortilla chips
Combine ingredients (except chips) in slow cooker on high for approximately one hour or until ingredients melt together and become creamy. Stir and serve.
- 3 cups frozen corn (cooked and cooled)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- ½ cup cilantro (loose chop)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)-optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
In large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together last 6 ingredients. Pour over veggie and bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3 pounds ground lamb or sirloin (or a mixture of the two)
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cumin (if you don’t like cumin, use a sprinkle of oregano)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl just until combined. Gently squeeze meat around 10-in. metal skewers to form log-shaped kebabs, each about 8-in. long. Put kebabs on baking sheet. Cover sheet with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes to let flavors meld and firm up meat.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high heat (450° to 550) and grill kebabs, turning twice, until grill marks appear and meat feels firm, 8 minutes total. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve on a grilled pita.
- Apple, peeled, cored, diced (Fuji or McIntosh)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 1/2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ a mango
- ½ cup sliced grapes
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp fruit peach preserves
- Melted Butter
- Chili powder
In a bowl, mix together fruit, lime juice, sugars, and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator about ½ an hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush one side of each flour tortilla with melted butter. Cut into quarters and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Mix cinnamon, sugar and a dash of chili powder together in a small bowl. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of spicy cinnamon mix. Brush again with butter. Bake in the preheated oven 8–10 min. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approx. 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.